Welcome to my blog, it documents my search for 'adult' life, I may have already achieved this but I don't feel very 'adult'. Here you'll find the proper introduction.

Monday 8 October 2012

The TV unit that never existed...

Since before moving into the flat we had seen a TV unit that we both thought was ideal. Once we moved in, we decided that it was perfect, and we couldn't wait to get it. First thing’s first though, I went to order a bed now that I had money to buy it with.

That was a week and a half ago.
Today was not a good day for the furniture of our flat.
We went into town, excited that we'd finally be getting our beloved and long-awaited TV unit. Yeah... they didn't have the TV unit. I know what you are thinking, and it wasn't just out of stock. It never, ever existed! We'd made it up. We had both walked into the shop looked at a unit (which might I add; on second look neither of us liked much), then we both walked out of the shop thinking it looked different than it did. Not even that - we each thought it looked completely different. If we had ever had a conversation in the last two weeks in which we described the TV unit rather than just refer to it as 'the TV unit' we would have noticed that we had imagined the whole thing.
And just to make the day even better than the fact we'd gone into town for nothing; Argos phoned and my bed will not arrive next week, it'll be another two weeks. Another two weeks of sleeping on the airbed in a room piled high with stuff that would live under my bed.
Oh and despite TalkTalk telling us that there was already a phone line connected to the flat (which is why we went with them). It turns out that the line is not in fact connected so an engineer will have to come out.

On a brighter note, we now have a fridge freezer. Fridges are underrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment