Welcome to my blog, it documents my search for 'adult' life, I may have already achieved this but I don't feel very 'adult'. Here you'll find the proper introduction.

Sunday 26 May 2013

I can't afford my job. WTF?

I have found myself in a very odd situation, as it stands at the moment I cannot afford my job.  Despite being told by both the Jobcentre and Housing benefit that my part-time job would not effect either claim, it did.

Not only that but work messing up has complicated things:
1. Due to being ridiculously unorganised at Easter I ended up working well over my contracted 10 hours
2. They forgot to pay me for the first day I worked - so they paid the missing hours 2 weeks later
3. When paying me the hours I was owed they didn't mark it as back pay on my payslip

So my Housing benefit had to be reassessed this meant I needed to send them my payslips, and they work out how much I earn a week by working out the average. Unfortunately the above reasons the average was pushed up way above what I actually earn a week.

This results in a drastic decrease in the amount of housing benefit that I get meaning the money I have left to live on is less than half of what the government says you need.

So as the title of this post says - I can't afford my job and all attempts to find another part time job to go along with this one are failing.

No comments:

Post a Comment